• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

As of 1-6, state web site reports 3.5 inches of ice in the marina. I'll stop by this weekend to check it out, but it may be close to being good to go smile.gif. I saw on another site that someone heard that Horseshoe was closed to ice fishing. anyone know for sure?

John

I'm tired of driving 5 or 6 hours to get skunked so I decided to drive one hour and take my chances. I fished Boyd this morning and saw way more fisherman than I marked fish, but I didn't get skunked. I fished in 17' foot of water and 3 of the 5 Rainbows I hooked were suspended at 8'. Five of the 6 strikes were on a glow Rat Finkee and Wax Worm. I hope this helps, maybe as much what not to do, as to do. Don't ask me to diagram that last sentence. I don't think it can be done. <'))<

Nope, I drove by to check it out though, lots of people on the ice. Will be going Sunday morning for sure! Lake Loveland had a bunch of anglers to! If Boyd is slow, I may head there, by the fire station to try for some perch. I'll probably quit around noon to catch some pigskin wink.gif.

John

I fished it Saturday. I was the one way out. Started near the bouy and just kept trying different areas. Was a very slow day. Ended up getting two trout. Ranger who checked my license said they planted a ton of trout in there. This isn't what I wanted to hear. I was hoping those trout from last year would still be there but bigger but seemed as though that's not the case. Ice was 3 inches almost everywhere. Will be trying other areas. Trout with white meat don't interest me much.

I hear that, Chad. Trout are fun to catch, but they go right back in the water. Fished Boyd Sunday morning in the corner by the inlet pipe. Nailed the bluegill between 8 & 10 o'clock. Then it kindof died. A couple trout were caught in the area, but nothing great to speak of. I met this guy that absolutly killed the gills. He used a tiny little micro tube, no bigger than a dime. The color was smoke. He fished it plain, not tipped with anything. He was catching 4 or 5 to our one while he was there. Said that's all he uses for pan fish, ordered them on the internet. I definately learned something new, that's for sure! We left at noon. Fish fry and football after that, what a perfect day cool.gif.

John