• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Help for a newbie . . .. please?

Hello from central Minnesota!

There is a small chance that I may be moving to Illinois this summer in hopes of landing a teaching job (almost impossible right now in MN). If I were so fortunate to be offered a teching jo in your state, I'd be extremely happy if I was close to lakes or rivers with good fishing.

Can anyone offer tips of what areas of the state you may recommend? Any hints would be appreciated!

BTW, despite the tropical winter right now in Minnesota, the ice fishing season is underway. And the fish are biting! Hope your ice fishing season comes soon! Thanks!

Well, lake michigan is a fun place to fish for perch (14 inchers! - like an eater walleye) and salmon. Lots of little lakes around North, but Fox Chain is popular for walleyes, muskies, bass and LOTS of boats (but also bikinis - oh yeah - and guys in suits if your a gal), weekdays are pretty dead on teh chain and that is best for fishing. Throughout central Il theer are various lakes with muskies and various other things. Also some cooling lakes with BIG stripers that are fun.. I'm most knowledgeable on Northern IL and lake Michigan. Some guys are also more central and south.

Ken

bhorn: Anything! I'm used to fishing for walleye, bass, pike, and crappies, but I'd like to expound on that.

CaptainKen: Thanks for the tips. I'm looking at applying for those vacancies in more rural areas (I'm not a big fan of very urban areas . . . . .or heavy traffic). If I get so lucky as to land a job down there, maybe I'll get a chance to book a trip with you! Thanks!