• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

good hitch ideas for portable

eskimo_fisher

I was wondering about a good hitch idea for my portable. I just got it and i was planning on pulling it out to the lake with my snowmobile, i really don't want to pull it with a rope because when i stop it would run into the snowmobile and maybe damage it. THANKS!!!!

What brand of portable did you buy? The manufacturer should make a rigid tow hitch. I'd just purchase that and you're good to go.

You're right about the portable banging into the back of your sled with a rope. Been there, done that! grin.gif

A co-worker and I made one out of 3/4 conduit, 3/8 conduit, threaded rod, a couple of springs and some steel. I then bought the hitch clips from otter (used to attach hitch to sled) The same co-worker made one similiar out of tube steel instead of conduit.

Here are pictures of mine.

hitch1.jpg

hitch2.jpg

if you have a rope on it and don't want to spend the money for a rigid hitch, take 2 pieces of 1" plastic pvc pipe about 3 or so feet long and slide them over the rope and secure the rope to the house. then just make a loop with a knot to attach to your snowmobile somehow. that way, it is somewhat of a rigid hitch and shouldnt slide into you when you stop