• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Yukon or Qwik flip II

huntingmaxima

I checked all the prices on the Eskimo QFII before going to the ice fishing show. At the show they all pretty much had the same prices. The factory reps check to make sure no one is selling below their set low price and undercutting the market. After the show, I got mine on sale at Fleet Farm. It was also a lot more convenient than trying to get it home from the show.I had trouble with some of the spring loaded buttons that keep the poles extended. I called the company and they sent me a new set in about three days. Good service.

I've checked about ten different places for prices on the yukon and they are all the same. I've heard the prices at the show are the same as the stores, but they like to throw in extras for free, or give deals on mabey a cover or a hitch.(I'm obsessed with the yukon) It's good to see fish trap step up to the plate and give otter a run for it's overpriced money. Nice deep tub finally. Now it's frabills turn to step up.

I would recommend going to the show. Do it just like buying a car. The dealer down the row will always want to one up the one you were just at. Just go from dealer to dealer to dealer....the deal on the same thing will get cheaper every time!!

Between the 2 I would also get the Yukon. At the show ya need to compare and wheel and deal venders against other venders. Usually you can get a cover and hyfax tossed in on the bigger houses. The Yukon is selling itself now so it may be hard to get a real good deal. Heck if ya can get a free cover, hitch or Hyfax its worth the trip.

The prices at the show are the same as the stores. Like other threads said, they thorw in things like a cover, and TAX. Don't go to the show on Sun and expect to buy a Yukon though. I bought one of the remaining two left in the building. I bought mine at Reeds, they threw in a cover, and didnt charge tax. Not a bad deal. Thorne wouldnt do that, because they knew that they had one of two left, and didnt have to. Figures. I have always liked dealing with Reeds better anyways.

Also some of the reps for companies go around checking prices. I have also heard from one that if a dealer is under saleing, the dealer may not be getting any more product as the companies will not work with that dealer any more. (ei. daeler Q is saling FL18 Pro pack for $299.95. When his product is gone, its gone the FL18 company will not refill his orders for more product.