• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

MPR accessories for ice fishing

Huskiedevle

This will be my first season using an ATV for icefishing. I have an Arctic Cat 400 with the MPR rack setup. My question is with the MPR system, what accessories would you folks add specificly for icefishing? I looked at the Arctic Cat catalog,and the MPR auger holder that goes on the back rack looks good in the picture, but is it worth it to get it? I can see putting my Strikemaster Lazer in my shack, and pull it behind my ATV,thus eliminating the need for the auger holder/rack. Of course, if I use my wheeler without my shack, I would need to do something to mount the auger on one of my racks. How about bucket holders, and the like that are offered by the MPR system? Any comments/opinions are appreciated.

I built a auger holder for the front rack, then built a 3-section box for the back rack which holds my heater,minnows, poles which covers just about everything except a few things which go in the sled of house.Total cost of auger holder and box for misc. was about 30.00.

I have the same wheeler as you and for the auger mount I used an IPI ($39.99 at cabelas) mount and put it on the front rack. The MPR stuff looks nice but I thought most of it was a little spendy. I am in the process of bulding a rack for my Fish Trap Guide on the back using the MPR mounts/holes but I don't know if I will get it finished before we get ice. Other that that I built a tow bar for the Guide and have thought about mounting a 20lb. LP tank to the back rack and running a hose into the house for the heater.

This is my 1st year with a wheeler on the ice so I'm still in the R&D stages. smile.gif

arbuck