• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

benelli super black eagle 2

Question

Was thinking bout getting one for this week-ends opener. Is it worth the money? Anyone have any experience with a SBE II? Thinking bout getting the mercury recoil reducer also. Any thoughts?

10 answers to this question

My friend bought one for goose hunting. I shot it and I think it kicks hard! I really don't like recoil though.

I shoot an A390 Beretta and I like the lesser recoil since the Beretta is a gas operated system where the Benelli uses the recoil to eject and reload. JMO.

Well, from what I read. The new benelli has a recoil reducer on it so its suppose to be better on the recoil. The one I want to get is for deer hunting though

My dad has a Super Black Eagle and he swears by it for deer hunting. The slug barrel for it costs almost as much as most guns but the accuracy is unparalleled. He has a scope on it (I don't think his slug barrel even came with sights). He consistently shoots deer dead from distances of 100+ yards with Federal sabots.

Webwarrior;

I purchased an SBE II earlier this year; I love it I was shooting 3-1/2” Remington Hevi-Shot for turkeys. I have to admit it barked a bit with the 3-1/2” rounds but even using 3” rounds it was far less recoil then my 870 or my Beretta over under. I would give a big thumbs up to it and say it is worth the money.

I have used one for the last 3 years and have ran hundreds of rounds of 3 1/2" magnums and I would say there is hardly any kick. I know it is far less than any pump out there. I had a old remington 1100 and I positive that kick harder shooting 2 3/4 than my SBE with 3 1/2. I don't know about what everyone else is saying. I don't have the add on recoil deal and I still think it fine. I think they are a great and reliable gun and well work the price tag. I have never shot slugs though it and I hunt in a rifle zone so I never will either but I can't image they would kick and worse than a 3 1/2 mag.

I have a nova with a slug barrel that kicks like a mule. It is however very accurate. 2 inch groups at 100 yds with Fed 3 inch barnes expanders.

I was considering a barrel for the SBE, for drives and close shots. In those situations a semi-auto would be ideal with open sights. Not to mention no wories about foging the scope.

I tried to buy the super black eagle 2 with a rifled barrel and they don't have it. Everywhere I called, they only have the duck guns confused.gif

Any suggestions?