• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Last Report for Long Lake (new brighton)

PikeMan Seank

Hey everyone this is the last Long Lake Report for the season .

Heres the report for crappies at long lake new brighton. The weeds are mostly gone and the water is coolin off rapidly and the crapppies are hittin strong! .

The Fishing off the Dock is pretty good right now use a crappie minnow with a slip bobber and fish about 3-4 feet deep from about 5 feet out of the dock. Or if you are a jiger like me use a small flu flu jig tiped with either a jumbo crappie minnow or a fathead for best results. But what never fails at long lake anywhere on long is a small crappie jig or a small jig head with a mister twister!

If you use a boat out there, go to either one of the drop offs and jig with crappie jigs or minnows ect.. And were i had my best results at is in the bay before the channel to the 2nd part of long lake. Fish in the 8-9 feet areas. Also when its about ngiht time theres the best show at this time of year in that bay there are crappies are coming up to the surface and eating the little bugs ect.. But i mean theres tons and tons of them everywhere, one after another its awsome! but IF its the right time and conditions and its calm i see it happen and it last for about 10-15 minutes. sounds weird huh? but true. but anyways use a slip bobber and a jumbo crappie minnow or fathead and set your slip for about 7 feet. and If you jig use a small crappie jig or flu flu tiped with a minnow.

For pike use sucker minnows, jointer lures and spinners are working best at the dock and the bay before the channel that goes in the 2nd part of long and rice creek which is located in the 2nd part on the right side. The walleye im not to sure about but hti the drop offs with lindy rigs tiped with a fat head or a jig head with a mister twister and cast out and reel in works to. The catfish are hitting strong in rice creek they rang about 6 to 15 pounds is the slots i been catching. Also use a suck minnow on the bottom works to.

**HOPE THIS HELPS YA**

ill be posting some ice fishing hot spots also for crappies,pike and walleye on long lake and a few tournament dates also.

GOOD LUCK !

rate me