• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

last sunday the 17th, i was coming back from up north, and as i was driving throuh the red lake reservation i happened to notice a very large raft of bills about 400 yards off shore. i'd guess anywheres from 3 to 5 thousand birds, but i figured i'd give everyone a heads up, it looked like a good sign to me, i guess we'll find out saturday. good hunting.

I went hunting to SW MN saturday through this morning. There were barly any birds around on the weekend and we dident shoot one. Sunday night a couple hundred geese moved in and I shot one monday morning, we missed another flock so we should have got our limit. tuesday my dad shot a goose and i missed but dident have the greatest shot. We also missed a nice drake widgoen that went right over our heads at about 25 yards. Wensday a decent movement of New widgoen came in, about 10 flocks of 20-40 birds moved in the area I was hunting. But I was out there hunting geese cause there were barly any ducks so i was in the wrong spot. After the geese flew I moved to the pond all these widgoen were circling and I shot a hen widgoen and a blue wing teal, we also shot 2 geese. By the time i moved the ducks were done flying and I only got 2 shots but when i leave at about 11 I walk 50 yards and a flock of about 20 widgoen were circling it about 30 yards high. That always happens to me, nothings flying for an hour but as soon as I leave ducks go over or as soon as you start picking up your spread even though you havent fired a shot all morning to have 10 mallerds wanting to land on top of you. So the hunting was preaty poor, in a week i only shot 3 ducks. The goose hunting was decent I shot my 2(possesion limit in the west zone) and had to pass on a couple other flocks that wanted to land in my duck decoys. The few ducks that were around were mostly widgoen with a few mallerds, GWT, BWT, and Ringbills, I saw 1 wood duck all week. Both geese I shot were migrant EPPS or lessers not sure but they arnt real big. This morning was decent, I shot at a drake mallerd coming inot my spread that was like 20 yards away and some how I still cripled it and it flew 300 yards before it went down. That was my first lost bird this year, I got a few other shots at widgoen but missed. IT was so hazy out I got snuck like 5 times the first 20 minutes of shooting. I shot a hen green wing teal that came into my spread with a drake wood duck, but I only shot maybe 12 shells all morning.