• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Buddy Heater

Dakota Iceman

I have had the same flame-up problem in the past and the cause was a loose fitting where the head attaches. Mine is several years old and it has a knurled adjustment just below where the air intake on the pipe goes up. If this is too loose, it will flame-up.

I finally got around to trying out the Big Buddy in the sub zero (in the Otter Lodge). It took the edge off in just a few minutes and within 6 min. I had the jacket, gloves, and hat off. I think the fan does an awsome job keeping the heat even (from top to bottom) and distributed throughout the house quickly. My only gripe is the amount of time to get it to the high setting (you have to wait until the low/high ceramic is glowing befor switching to high).

DakotaIceman, Don't worry about it shutting off all the time Because of the low oxygen sensor. I had the Buddy in the 4600 for two years on high for at least 8 hours. the only time it would shut if is when I ran out of propane. always keep a 1lb as a backup just 4 this.

Bmeier, Your going to need more heat unless you like to fish with your jacket, bibs, gloves, sweater, long johns, wool cap, insulated jeans, and scarf on smile.gif The little buddy kept the 4600 warm unless it was dark 0-10 degrees or less and windy.

Well it has been about 3 days since I left my first message with MrHeater's support line and no call back yet. PMO

The prerecorded message states to speed up the call process please only leave one message. Whats that tell ya.

I left them a message again last night. I am begining to doubt they will return my call about my Big Buddy.

My Mr Heater COOKER works great on subzero days but I get sick of turning it off and on when the temps rise above 20.

My definition of a "perfect" heater would be one you set and forget, one that would work the as well at subzero temps as temps above freezing allowing me to only carry one heater.

I don't think that heater has been made yet.

So my plan is to carry both the buddy and the cooker with me when I venture out.