• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Does anyone know how to find out where amature fishing contests are in Minnesota? Ive looked, and can't seem to find them.Or contests?

[This message has been edited by ScottMN (edited 04-03-2004).]

You should check out the Metro LETS. Its a Metro based tournament series with 6 events. Check out this link if you are interested...

Metro LETS

Its going to be a lot of fun!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy
JR's Tackle

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 04-03-2004).]

It all depends on your definiton of amateur and what kind of tournament yoiu want to fish. Bass, crappie, northern, walleye or muskie. Any of these forums have several T's available.

If you want to fish something that only has boats similar to yours, possibly an aluminum boat with a smaller outboard motor, you may have a tough time finding a place to fit in. But don't let boats fool you, they don't catch fish, you do. I fished many years in a 14 foot lund and caught as many as most and more than some.

I would suggest asking in a local bait shop for a week night league, they are usually pretty low key, fish for a variety of fish for points. Most of the people you run into there will be more than happy to show you the ropes, entry fee is low, under 20 a night. But there are always a few who take a little to serious, but they are not bad guys just overly competitive.

We fish a tuesday night league in my area, $10.00 per night, fish for three hours, yoiu don't know the lake til 4:00 pm that day. No pre-fishing, very friendly, lots of info exchanged, fish a lot of lakes that don't have big tournaments on so nobody is guarding their secrect spot. Go for burgers and beer afterwards.

Good luck in finding a place to get your feet wet. T fishing is fun on any level, but it is good to start in a less competitive atmosphere.

The Gander Mountain Pro/Ams are looking for more co-anglers. The Pro side is filled up. The entry fee is $200 per tournament or $750 for all 4 tournaments.
May 8th-Mississippi pools 4-5
June 19th-Minnetonka
July 10th-Leech Lake
August 8th-Whitefish Chain
T.O.C
August 26-28- Gull Lake
If anyone is interested please call John or Linda Hesse.

763 535-8011

If you want to learn about bass fishing this is the circuit for you. you will be paired up with some of the best fishermen in the state. and you can win some great money but the most important is that you will learn a ton!!!!!

I sent in for the minnetonka tourny as a co-angler. I called to ask about the status this week and they said there was already a waiting list for the co side as well and I was about third on the waiting list. Hoping I can still get in. RCL league is another good opprtunity like this as well.

Check out the Lincoln Park Business Group's tournament on the St. Louis River in Duluth.
It is on Saturday June 26th. Cost is $30 and is for the average fisherman. Call 218-727-6573 for info.