• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

C.A.S.T. - Coed Anglers Series Tournament

There will be an introductory tournament on August 17, 2003 on Lake Le Homme Dieu in Alexandria for a new Tournament Series that will be starting in 2004 - C.A.S.T.
It is a Coed Team format. 2 persons per boat, one male, one female.
Cost will be $20 per boat plus optional big fish pot.
5 fish limit.
Plans are for a four tournament series in 2004 with a championship tournament at seasons end to crown the World Coed Team Champions.
All teams in this introductory tournament will recieve a free membership to C.A.S.T. for 2004 (a $20 value).

Visit http://cast.rpmdesigncorporation.com
for complete information, or call Mark Busch
at 320-396-4731
or email
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by SkeeterMark (edited 07-31-2003).]

[This message has been edited by SkeeterMark (edited 07-31-2003).]

And it was fun !

Thanks to all of you that came, hope you enjoyed it as well.

Winning Team was Ron Berglin and his daughter Kathy with 12.55 lbs (5 fish)
They also won big fish with a 3.75 pounder !

Top 3

1. Ron and Kathy Berglin 12.55 5 Fish

2. Mark Busch and Paula Bloom 8.66 5 Fish

3. Marshall and Julie Adams 7.72 5 Fish

The weather was gorgeous and the Alexandria area beautiful, as usual. The small fish were cooperative with all but one team weighing in a 5 fish limit. The bigger fish seemed only to bite for Ron and Kathy, as almost all of the remaining bags looked
very similar with the typical cookie cutter keepers that Le Homme Dieu seems to pump out by the hundreds.
Several teams met for lunch at Bug a Boo Bay, which was a great way for everyone to get to know each other a little better. As this is a Co-Ed tournament, I thought that was a great way for some of us to meet other folks who share our interests. Also maybe have a "Gator Pot" for the biggest Northern Pike weighed in at the lunch break. It was suggested that for next year, we make it a regular part of the tournament and just extend the hours a little to compensate for it. I'm kicking that idea around, and would appreciate any comments on this.

All in all it was a great kick-off tournament for next year's 4 tournament schedule. I hope to have the schedule set in January, 2004 or just as soon as I can get all the permits set.

Tentative schedule:
June Pokegama, Grand Rapids, MN
July Gull, Brainerd, MN
2 days but separate
August Le Homme Dieu, Alexandria, MN

September Championship (TBA)

Entries will be $60 per tournament.
$10 big bass pot (optional)

The Gull lake tournament will be a Saturday/Sunday event, but each a separate tournament. I'll add a $10 side pot for teams fishing both that will pay out for 2 day totals as a little bonus.

Anyone who wants to get on the mailing/email list can contact me as shown in the first post in this thread.

Mark