• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brainerd Walleye Alliance Fall Walleye Classic

The 2nd Annual Brainerd Walleye Alliance Fall Walleye Classic will be held on Sunday, September 21 on Pelican Lake in Crow Wing County. We will be based out of Breezy Point Resort.

Payout based on 50 boats*

1st Place $1,200 6th Place $250
2nd Place $800 7th Place $200
3rd Place $600 8th Place $150
4th Place $500 9th Place $100
5th Place $400 10th Place $100
*Payout will adjust accordingly for more or less than 50 boats.
Entry Fee of $100 per team due upon registration

To register, stop by S and W Bait or Koep's Pro shop and pick up an entry form and mail it in. Or you can mail us with your name and address and we'll mail you back an entry form.

Brainerd Walleye Alliance
P.O. Box 98
Merrifield, MN 56465

Thanks,
ccarlson

And just a heads up If you need a place to stay.At the Brainerd Lakes Inn, all rooms for compeditors will be 50$. Just call 218-829-0391 and ask for Jerry ( team walleye )

Plenty of room right now but we will be advertising hard in the near future so don’t wait to long.
It'll be a blast and make sure you mention it to all your friends

[This message has been edited by hawghunter (edited 06-30-2003).]

just wondering when the entry forms are going to be mailed out, or available to be picked up.AT the place i work i need to put in ahead of time for the days off, because i have rotating days off and i am sheduled to work those days.

------------------
gamakatsu

If you are from the Brainerd Area, you can get a registration form at either Koep's pro shop or S and W bait. There were a couple forms left at s and w when I was in there last week. I'll get more printed up and posted in there asap.

If you are not from the brainerd lakes area, you can mail us at Brainerd Walleye Alliance, P.O. Box 98, Merrifield, MN 56465 and we will mail you out a form. Or you can call me at 218-838-7909 and leave a message with your name and address.

As far as having room in the tournament, Not a problem. We are shooting for 50 teams but our permit allows for a few more than that if necessary.

I'm not at a computer on a regular basis over the summer so maybe Hawghunter can keep everyone posted and answer any other questions.

Thanks and spread the word so we get the participation up and payout high. It should be a fun tournament.
ccarlson

I mailed you a self addressed envelope last week monday, with a stamp on it. I was wondering if you sent it out yet? I live in park rapids. It was sent to the address you stated above, if you have no idea give me a call at 218-237-2018.

------------------
gamakatsu

Derek,
Yes, I got your message on my cell. I'll mail one out in the next couple of days when I get back home.

Gamakatsu,
I'll stop at our p.o box when I get home as well and send you back a registration form.

Thanks to both for the interest. Don't worry about having room. We are in good shape for additional participants. We'll be making a push in the next week for more local publicity.

after today, I'll be out of touch with a computer so Hawghunter can answer any further questions or let me know of any more flyers that need to be sent out.

ccarlson

We are at the half way point for getting a full field but I haven't checked the mail for a while. Also after Labor Day we will be running an article in the Brainerd paper as well as radio advertisements so don’t delay.

Last year on Gull Lake virtually every team caught a limit of fish (5 fish over 14") and as you would suspect, it took some bigger fish in the bag to place. Here's a brief rundown of the top 5 teams.

Steinhoff/Steinhoff first place with a whopping 5 fish weight of 17.16 pounds. These guys had three kicker fish including the big fish of the tournament at 5.80 pounds. They also had another one just under that and a third fish just under 24".

Chad and Sue Taatjes took second with 13.68 pounds. They also had two good fish over 24". Their big fish was 5.52 pounds.

Chris Erickson (Thats ME!!!) and my brother Craig took 3rd with 12.56 pounds. Our big fish was 4.36 pounds.

Chuck Carlson and his partner, Bob Kuschel, took 4th with 11.56 pounds and a big fish of 5.14 pounds.

Jeff Stirewalt and Brian Barber took 5th place with 9.12 pounds.