• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Detroit River RCL MOVED

We had fun pre-fishing. One spot we picked up a 3.5 pound sauger and left. We went back to that spot on Friday and picked up a 3 pounder and left. We went to that area on the first day of the tournament and put 5 small fish in the boat before we decided to go to plan B. The biggest factor was to be on the fish when they were active. If you waited on an area too long you'd be kicking yourself in the rear. It's hard to leave an area when you know the fish are there.

Brian, we trolled 3 ways with Floating Raps tied in tandem on one rod and handlined floating raps. The water was getting to that point where pulling lead would have been the way to go. Eric was pulling lead both days I believe.

Prefishing was pretty good for us, but the fish were on the move. The water was warming up fast and the fish were on the move. It was tough to stay on the active fish. I would imagine you could get a pretty good trolling bite going come the RCL.

------------------
Scott Steil
www.millelacsguideservice.com

I forgot to add that prefishing we had a good jig bite going but as the water warmed we went to our trolling presentations.

The jig that worked best for us was the 3/8 oz Orange jig made by Scenic Tackle, bulked up with any Chartuese plastic. This jig is a real deep orange, almost red. That was by far the best but the Blue/Glow and Pink/Glow worked well also. Jigging seemed to be a good way to put numbers in the boat.

------------------
Scott Steil
www.millelacsguideservice.com