• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gun Lake near Minaki

Have not fished much on Gun but have certainly fished a lot between Minaki and Big Sand with excellent results. Been going for ten years and it has been greatand am sure that you will enjoy it

Yes sand lake is the best, in and around sand beach south and north off the point. When you have west wind fishing is good sand beach area. Lets not forget rail road bridge in Minaki. There is alot of fishing spots between Minaki and Big Sand. Get your self a good map alot of islands and good fishing spots, I got a 32in walleye is the best Ive done 5lb bass 15lb northern. Brings back alot of good times, camping on Green Iland and staying at the a-frames

BT

I got mine a long time ago. On the way to minaki thru Kenora 45miles theres a gas station store bait on your right thats where i got mine. You should find one in Kenora to, i think i paid 10$ american or try at resorts. I think there was some other maps at grocery store in Minaki just enough to get you by.First week or so good time for walleyes coming off spawn. Leave your e-mail and ill send you some resorts web sites
BT

There are some navigational maps that are very good of the river and the lakes plus there is a map put out by someone a while ago that you can find on paradisecoveminaki.com. Get the navagational maps because it is much better and shows all the danger places including the rocks

Just looked in my file and found the map - the one that I have is from the Whitedog Dam to Minaki (Number 6286) and can be found at www.charts.gc.ca. It is waterproof and covers everything you need. I look at it every now and then and remember all the good times.

check out Thorne brothers for maps. I looked and looked last year and these guys are the only ones I could find with maps. I purchased the map for WhiteDog Dam\Minaki and i think it covers all the way from White Dog back to minaki wich had Sand and the rest. You can check out their shop or if you're not local I just called them and they shipped it out for a few extra bucks.
http://www.thornebros.com/muskie/maps/maps_cahydrographic.html