• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

RIVER WALLEYE

IT's that time of year to hit the river walleye. I went out 2 days ago and caught 2 about 18". They are not quite ready yet but with the warmer temps coming it won't be long before they get aggressive.

------------------
Just say yes to icefishing!

Ken I'm fishing on the kankakee. If you would like to check it out, I could show you how to get them.

------------------
Just say yes to icefishing!

Grinched

I might just take you up on that offer.
Got to find some time since I am going to Vermilion with a buddy next weekend.

Is this day, evening, weekend, weekday?

Ken

------------------
Captain Ken Kessler
www.captainken.com
www.muskieschool.com
Guiding in Illinois and North East Minnesota
847-970-9108 Illinois
218-742-4680 Minnesota

I will let you know when there running then we could figure out the day from there. Last year it was the last week in march. this year will probably be earlier. Dave

Grinched have you ever fished the Illinois river for sauger? Excellant fishery. My friend is fishing the Gov's cup this weekend. I went with him last weekend pre fishing we boated over 20 Three of these fish were over 22". Nice fat footballs We fished from starved rock down to the flats in hennepin. River temp was at 41. Now with the rain we had Im sure things will be changed. But they are getting close to the spawn and a guy ccan really knocck some nice fish . March is a big tourny month, so expect some company. If you have never fished it I would highly recomend it. One word Awsome. Good luck on the Kank.

Yes Icebum, I have fished Illinois and at starved rock . There was a tourney going on at that time.There is some nice sauger there. I caught a couple.The water in kankakee is up and dirty right now so I imagine the Illinois is the same.