• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Brushy Creek 8/8/04

Fished the lake for the first time ever. I seen it when they was building the dam a few years ago and never would have imagined it to look lile that when finished. This is definitely a must see and fish lake. Man there are a lot of trees here. If you are afraid of losing a lure or two or more this lake isn't for you. (But I do have a new excuse to go to Cabelas now to replenish the ones that I lost!!!!!!!!!)

We did catch 28 keeper bluegills and one catfish in about 6 hours of fishing. Of course we threw back a bunch of smaller gills. Didn't even have a bite on minnows, just on the ice jigs with a piece of nite crawler or wax worm. Then they just quit biting as the cold front and storms approached. Can't wait to go back.

WTS, I like that handle.
I have been to Brushy a few times and I honestly think the fish have an unfair advantage. There are places in that lake with 30' feet of water that you can't get to in a boat because of all the trees. We have picked up a few crappies in the spring and watched some nice walleyes come through the ice. I also have donated my share of hardware, I'd like to see what those trees look like with all the lures hanging off of them. Have you ever tried Don Williams Lake which is just north of Ogden? It is very similar to Brushy but it is only about 35' at the deepest and is not as choked with trees and fish seem a little easier to locate.
Keep slaying those whiskered trout.