• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

DM area getaway spot

Hey everybody, I am from Sioux City, and a friend of mine that also posts on this site is from Cedar Rapids. We are in search of a place to fish and stay in the Des Moines area. Thinking of maybe Brushy or Big Creek. Does anyone know of a good place to stay in the area? Best situation would be a place that is suitable for the wives and kids to operate from while the Dads go fishing. I haven't been to either of these lakes, so I am not familiar with the resort or cabin possibilities down there. Any inf would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Mike

You might check out the Adventureland Inn in Altoona. It's on the East side of Des Moines. It has a amusement park and hotel with pools. Do a Google search and you will find their HSOforum. No resorts or cabins that I know of around Big Creek. Just some camp grounds near Salorville Lake north of Des Moines.
Starman

[This message has been edited by Starman (edited 05-20-2004).]

Brushy lake is about 2 hours from Des Moines. No resorts on lake just two campgrounds, one Equestrian one non-equestrian, lots of trails around the lake, if you want to stay close to the lake at a hotel, you would have to stay in Fort Dodge, 20 min. west of brushy