• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

brushy creek

Have the day off on Friday, going to give Brushy a try for the first time this year. does anyone have any idea about what has been going on there? I plan to mainly fish for bass, but may try for some panfish or troll awhile for walleye. I will post my report when I get home.
thanks
bcon

My walleye friends in the area say it has been slow. somebody did get a 7.5 lb. fish last week in "deep" water but don't know what type of location it was. I would check out the dam area for awhile. A year ago at this time they were doing good but water temp is far behind last year.

Don't know anything about the bass fishing of late.... or crappie for that matter. The locals I know have been hitting the DM river for 'eyes. Good luck.

We fished last Friday and Saturday. The wind was a large factor Saturday gusting to 40mph. We had trouble with boat control on the main lake, so seeking walleye in those areas was problematic, I did have one hit a jerkbait but got off next to the boat.

The warmest water temp we found was 54 degrees in one of the northwest creek arms, most of the areas ranged from 44 to 51 degree surface temps.

The bass bite was tough. One fish on a suspending rogue, clown pattern, two other fish we caught flipping extremely heavy brush covered in vegetation. The brush closest to the creek channels in 8-14 feet of water was where we found them. One fish was caught on a 5/8oz black/blue jig with a pork trailer, the other was a solid 19" 4.5lb female caught in 14 feet on a 1 oz texas rigged brush hawg, pumpkinseed pattern.

If you were to flip the heavy cover exclusively you may be able to manage a few bites in a day, but it wasn't fast and furious.

We also briefly lookd for crappies, with no success.

Good Luck!

I drove down there last month and they had a 2 inch rain the night before. The gin colored water was deep tan and the fish wouldn't bite for anything. You could see the crappies stacked with the Aqua view but even bouncing a minnow off their nose wouldn't do anything. 3 hour drive one way=no bites. Next time.