• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

clear lake

Anything happening at Clear Lake? Yellows/Walleye? May be an alternative to okoboji this weekend.

By the way,talked to some guys that fished Badger this weekend. A few bass, saw some gills being caught by others.

bcon

I'm thinking with the yellows still thick the walleye fishing might be tough again this year. There are lot's of 'em there, but they have a LOT of food with all the yellows.

Probably won't get out until Easter weekend at this point. Good luck.

Fished clear lake 4-04-04 7:00 pm till around 10:00 pm. caught 3 fish 14" a15.5" and a 12". Water temp was around 50 degrees. Quite a few boats and waders. Should start picking up in the next few days. good luck

I just got back from the DNR station in Clear lake. The DNR has been netting walleyes for a week now and are going to net two or three more nights. As of this morning they netted 1,500 walleyes and the average fish was over 20 inches, I seen quite a few fish in the 4 to 6 pound range. Last year they only netted 697 walleyes. I fished Sun & Mon. night with no fish, I seen a few small ones caught. Just thought I would keep some of you posted.

Can anyone give me a heads up on the musky bite? Ill be down there next weekend to wet a line do to our season is not open yet. Ant info would be great. Thanks
Duck

I can't say for sure about Clear Lake but I know that the Iowa Great Lakes, Okoboji's and Spirit, don't open season until May 21. Maybe this is not a state wide season but you may want to make sure it's open there first. Good Luck.

More info for you: Season is open there and there is actually a musky tourney there this weekend put on by the local Muskies Inc. Chapter. If you need info on that let me know and I'll check into it for you.

Thanks Muskeez, I was going to fishing this tourny till a bud of mine that lives in Cadar Rapids started telling me about the great fishing he has been having. In the last week they have boated a 49, 2- 48's and other smaller fish. So, I will not be going to Clear lake after all but thanks for your help and info.
Duck