• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ice jigs

where is your flaorite place to get them?I got ice fever bad sat in my tent for an hour sweating and dreaming ice.Cat fishing has great. Heading south soon for more blue gill action.Got some crappie pointers from a friend who is really into them.Will let you all know how it works.FISH ON

I have yet to get mine out, but every time I see my FL18 in the bow of my boat I wish it was sitting on hard water. Favorite place to get jigs...hrm....hsolist is where I have gotten some of my best bulk deals I guess. I have gotten some really cool little jigs over the years here. It is hit and miss, but this time of year you can get some better deals as most sane people have their thoughts far removed from the hard water. I also have gotten great deals at some of the fishing shows in Des Moines, but have to wait until Dec for them frown.gif

goody

I am with you guys on the hard water season. It never comes and allways leaves to early. Well I have also gotten jigs on hsolist. What do you guys use for a ice house? I built one a few years a go and loved it but last fall I traded suburbans from a 85 to a 94 and it is a 1/2 inch to wide so in desperratio I bought a frabill speed shack XL its good if you can drive on the ice not to good if you must pull through snow. I am looking at getting a frabill triplex this fall. Any comments would be good thanks in advance. OH buy the way I have been to brushy and caught a few perch one eye kind of slow well GOOD LUCK ...

As far as an ice house, I built one about 4 years ago that I used up until last year when it finally started to lose some of its splendor. I now own two...just got a one man flip up (thanks bcon!) for one man treks and bought a BIG shappell 4000 last year...holds 4 people pretty comfortably! The Shappell has skis so it pulls easy. The frabills are nice, but some of those smaller ones are tall for their size, making them very succeptible to the wind. I know a couple guys that own them and love them, but they do complain of the wind being a big factor on how much they use it.

goody

Me and my buddy own two Sharpell 4000's. Once you sit two guys in one of these, you get spoiled in a hurry! When four of us go, we take both of 'em and set'em side by side with doors butting against each other. It's about the size of my living room at home when we do that!

Now that would be the way to go! Thought the 4000 alone was like a hotel on ice....put two together it would be more like a Hilton on ice! Now I need to find a friend with one to try that out! There is almost a fall feel to the air....its getting me anxious!

goody