• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

brushy creek

I haven't fished it lately but last year in mid june the rock piles, mostly along submerged roads, produced eyes. many people drift slip bobbers with leeches around them. The cluster of rock piles in the north part of the lake, east of the road bed on that large flat can actually be trolled with crankbaits without alot of snags and produced well last June / July. The riprap on the dam is always good for at least one eye and a few smallmouth for me during summer. vertical jig a unpainted jig w/ leech on the rock, 15 - 30' deep. also try casting into shallower water and work jig back down the riprap, especially during low light.

I will be heading to brushy this weak after work and let you know what worked from what little I have fished it this year early mornings or early evnings into dark work good in those times hit the shallows with bobber and leach mite want to try a stinger hook to prevent geting bit off...

GOOD LUCK...

ive heard theres a bait shop in duncombe...i fished brushy from shore with little of no luck i was using nite crawlers all i got was blue gill i should of took the boat west of fort dodge

------------------
"If it doesn't have teeth and a white spot on it's tail, I don't want it in my boat"

Brushy Creek Outdoors is a baitshop in Lehigh, a mile south and 2 mi. west of the dam. Brushy Creek Depot is a small baitshop about 1.5 mile south of the dam at 2946 Brushy Crk. Rd. (a gravel road south of the blacktop) and Duncombe Groc. is a C-store type place with baitshop in Duncombe, 5 miles north of the lake.

Walleyes Only, I gather that you don't take your boat to Brushy.... ?????.

i took it there once didnt like it the boat ramps are too step and i dont want to chance hitting a tree since its been opened i think ive fished it once i fish north twin alot and do really good over there walleyes notherns bass catfish crappies....

------------------
"If it doesn't have teeth and a white spot on it's tail, I don't want it in my boat"