• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

IS THIS THE END!?!?!?

Is this the end of the season or is there still some decent ice out there??? Made a trip to Cabelas in Minnesota today with the girlfriend and saw lots of bad ice. Drove over to Clear Lake to check it out before jotting over to Mills Fleet Farm and the ice was looking bad...LOTS of open water around too. The ponds and lakes between here and there looked terrible at best. Anyone get out anywhere today (sat)? Is there any safe ice left out there for a sunday expedition???? Doubt it but let me know...will probably just spend the day packing away the ice gear and getting the boat out.

goody

goodyy7 I have heard of some guys going to brushy today sat 3-15 my self I put the ice gear away getting ready to move the boat in to shop well hope if its going to ruin the ice it dose it all the way to open water we do not need a three weak delay just my thoughts

Made it out on Brushy last night (Saturday). The ice was safe then but I don't think I'd venture out tomorrow. Had to jump over a few feet of water at the ramp. Got one 20" walleye and a few real nice crappies. Big Creek might be your only bet for early this week, otherwise start packing up the gear and pray for an early ice next year. It was a much better season than last year!

Well, didnt like doing it so much, but the ice gear is away for the season. I have gotten the boat out (after some muddy towing from its storage area behind my parents house). The bearings are greased, the lower unit juice is in, and the vexilar sits firmly in its summer home in the bow of the boat. Sad, but true, ice season is over here in central/south central iowa....time to get to casting and trolling!!!

goody

The warm sun, rain and wind will wreak havoc on exposed areas of lakes and ponds this week. However, I think that there will continue to be some good ice fishing opportunities out there for weeks to come...you just got to be smarter than the ice!
Take precautions...those ice picks, rope, a strong buddy!, cell phone, etc are, in my opinion, all necessary items...especially now!
icedog