• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Clear Lake & Okoboji

I'm starting to get an adrenaline rush every time I walk around my boat. I'm thinking spring can't get here soon enough.
Hey, I'm in between Okobji and Clear Lake and am wondering if anybody has any preferences for springtime fishing. I know Clear Lake is supposed to have a good supply of walleyes. How is Okoboji early on before the boaters get wild?

I would suggest Okoboji for early ice out fishing. I am not sure when the season opens for walleyes. Usually right after iceout the crappies and bluegills starting biting. If you find them you are in for a fun filled day.

IceMan

Hey Minnesota Wannabe

Just wanted to say I have fished Okoboji in May several times while involved in Bass tournaments and The fishing was slow due to the early season cold water but we always had a great time. The town is friendly great food and night life. Its a great place to spend some time.