• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a few

Stopped at Beeds on the way home from the work last night, we had a teacher's meeting until 4:30, so I didn't get set up fishing until about 5, I fished til 5:30 up by the dam and caught a nice meal of 7-8" bluegills, they were the nicest gills I've taken from Beeds so far, I was happy. They were really picky and I tried a Genz Worm, Fatboy, and hit the money with a Shrimpo, they loved that thing, even without a waxie, although the waxie increased effectiveness. I quit at 5:30, so I had a fun half hour of fishing, I'm going out this weekend, wife will be gone so I'm free to ish as much as I want, Sunday I might hit Morse. It was so nice that I just fished in my Dockers and school shoes, put on the fishing coat for good luck!
Selmer

Selmer,
I will be out there tomorrow and maybe sunday I will look for you. Watch out where you walk there are alot of week spot on the south side. If I were you I would go in from the north and fishing any of that north side but I strongly recommend going off the point. I might recommend also bringing a lantern I do alot better after dark. Usually to around 7:30. Well good luck this weekend and be safe. TTYL

Dan

I've been fishing only over by the spillway and I've been driving my Suburban on, the ice is plenty thick there, but I had heard reports of weak ice, but no on seems to be having a problem walking on. Which point are you referring to and what kind of vehicle will you be in? I'll be in an old style yellow and brown Chevy Suburban, if you see me come on over, I'll be out there this evening. I have to take my jazz band to a competition in Des Moines today, but should be back by 3 or so.
Selmer

ill look for you. Youll only be able to walk out from the ramp and practically every ehere else. I dont think it would be safe to drive out there. The point im talking about is on the south side of the lake right in the middle. It is the only point that sticks out alot. I will be out there. My dad told me yesterday there were quite a few people out there yesterday so I dont know what it will be like today. I have to go to townand pick up some bait and then work on the house for a bit so I imagine ill be out there around 1-130. Ill look for you though.

Good luck,
Dan

Hey Berkeley, are we talking about the same Beeds lake by Hampton? I got home late on Saturday, didn't see you out there, but I got there about 5:30. I went out yesterday and got about 30 small to medium BG's and the ice was plenty thick, I drove out long with two other guys. Just checking to see if we're talking about the same body of water.
Selmer