• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Boat/sport/fishing ect. show

I read that goodyy7 went to the the DM show.
I had not been to one for a long time. I went to the boat show at the UNI-dome. The last time I went it seems there were a lot more venders with tackle,accessories for boats,baits, rods, reels, ect. ect... I was very disappointed. I was looking to purchase a lot of equipment today and so was a friend that was with me. We both got boats this last fall. Ended up spending about 30 minutes there and was out of there. What a waste of time. Is my recolection correct or am I on drugs! Is the DM show like that too.

By the way goodyy7 I bought my boat from a guy by Norwalk. R. Porter.

fishtale:

Well, its in the Varied Industries building (which is a great building for the fairgrounds finally). Half the building is fishing vendors, almost like a swap meet/flea market while the other half is boats and RVs. Never been to the show up north so I cant compare, but it sounds similar. I like to walk through the boats and dream, but spend most of my time sorting through lures and stuff (that I dont really need anyway). MY biggest disappointment was that they upped the fees this year...went from like $4 to $6. NOt a big deal I guess, but more than I like to spend just to get in. I bought quite a few ice jigs for 5cents a piece, a $4 rod, an ultralight reel, and some other junk. I like that swap meet/flea market stuff as I just cant get enough of everyone elses dump it seems. About walked out with a one-man flip open shelter too...the HT polar escape. Decided that someone here or on the IowaOutdoors site would sell me one cheaper if they were upgrading this year, so I held off. Anyway, didnt like to spend $6 to get in, but did it anyway and spent some cash there too. All I would have been doing otherwise was sitting at home complaining about no ice. And boy is it nice to stare at those Lund Tourney Pro-V's and dream.....

goody

fishtail-the UNI dome has 2 shows every winter. The first (which you went to) is primarily RV's and boats. The second is the one that has some tackle dealers and resorts in it as well. That one should be coming up in Feb I believe. Still, the tackle dealers don't show up like they used to. Cedar Rapids has a show out at Hawkeye Downs in January that has quite a bit of tackle (and other junk!). Seems the entry price to that one is like $4 or $5. Might want to keep your eye peeled for that if it's not to far to drive.
dog

i went to the uni dome sat too. talk to one dealer i know and he told me the trend at that show is towards the cruisers and the ski boats. there were fewer fishng boats . no RVs, but was dissappointed too! del

My favorite is the fisherman's swap meet at the DM fairgrounds. It is always the last weekend in Feb. It has very few boats/RVs but is loaded with fishing junk. A mix of new gear vendors and flea market/used swap meet type of stuff. I always load down with cheap used lures and stuff at this one. Still over a month to wait for that one though....

goody