• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NE Iowa?

I was wondering if there is any good opportunities for some good ice fishing in NE Iowa. I am willing to travel a little for some good fishing. Either SE MN or NE iowa. I have heard about lakes like Volga by Fayette, but is there any others? Just looking for some places to try out.

Any info is appreciated
Keep the auger drilling
and Rods Bending
Walleye #1

would like some reports on pine lake and union if you have some. would like to travel that way this weekend. heading out to goerge wyth this morning will post when I get back. find some hard water

Found 3 inches of ice on goerge wyth, but no fish. Alice wyth had 5 inches on a bay, caught alot of 6 inch BG, one 8 inch crappie was done fishing by noon.

Fished George Wyth on Fri. 2 1/2 inches of ice and lots of small tater chips. Ice is probably much thicker now. Fished Big Woods lake on Sat. Lots of ice on the south end. Lots of small crappies with a keeper every now and then. A few Blue Gills, but only one that was a keeper.

Went to Graymore on the miss got 24 nice blue gills and 1 perch.Lots of people getting dinks cause they wouldnt move.I hole hop the whole time Ifish by a crowd.The outside edge of them it works great.Saw some nice bass caught on tipups.Going back in morning.