• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Giving Trapping Advice To Novices !

I just wanted to state a point here. Not to get under any skin, but if you have no experience in any trapping or animal removal experience please don't give advice. I would like only experienced trappers or ADC folks to give advice. Trappers are always under the microscope of society. Any giving the wrong advice to someone could lead to trouble.

Exampels- Lost animal, trap. Which in turn runs into someones yard etc. Someone gets bit. Or worse the animal twists out like rats and beaver will and leaves a foot behind. And coon will chew there foot off if the trap used is much to big. Also seasons may be closed and you will need a DNR permit to take care of the problem.

There are many more to list but I don't want to waste space.Like I said I don't want to make anyone feel dumb or get under there skin. But when the anti's watch every move we make we have to make the right ones.

Good point, protrapper. I always use to think there should be a course for trappers before they can get a license, no matter what age they are. Not sure if this is the case now, but it wasn't years back.

I tried to post a diagram of a sliding lock drowning set here but wasn't able to.

[This message has been edited by Lowe (edited 03-15-2004).]