• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Looking for a new bow

I am looking to get a new bow for next fall and I want to start my research early. I would love to get the top of the line matthews but due to the cost I won't be able to afford that. However, I am willing to spend up to $600-$700 if I have to. I am looking for the typical features in a new bow, speed, accuracy, ease of tuning and so forth. What is out there that would fit into my price range

Hi guys, check out the new archery and shooting sports forum.
Irvingdog- when you say the new Kodiak, do you mean Bear archery? I 've been looking at the new Bear Kodiaks. NICE

Thanks, Scotty

No, the brand is Kodiak.
Not wanting to post the link, if you did a search engine for "Kodiak" and "Outdoors", you'll find it no problem. This is the softest shooting bow I've ever felt, and I've shot a few bows in my time. We side by side tested Matthews, Hoyt, Browning, Reflex, Bowtech, and to many others to mention, but that Kodiak bow was definitely the nicest feeling of the bunch. And a few of the bows in the group tested were my own bows. Ingenious little bows. You can handle them at the big Gander mountain stores, if you live near one.

Irvingdog, sorry I've never heard of a company named Kodiak. I don't keep up on the whole compound bow thing. I shoot a recurve and have been watching the Bear company start to make some bows like ol' Fred made.

Scotty

Kodiak makes the "Bow Logic" and the "KO Series", with the Bow Logic being their top of the line.

They are both 300+fps, but that means less to me lately. I'm not the speed freak I once was. Now I look for soft and forgiving. Quiet. Light. Accurate. But yes, they're fast.

irvingdog
I appreciate the replys. I line 5 minutes from the Gander Mountain in St. Cloud so I will definitely check it out. If I was to go with the Kodiak "Bow Logic" what arrow and broadhead weight would work the best with this setup?

Wow Rocky. You just started a whole new thread (and a battle amongst argumentative types)!!!! Here is what I like (your mileage may vary).

Carbon Express 300's and 100g points. For a broadhead, I used two types last year. Thunderhead Mechanicals ( I just wanted to try them from a lot of positive reviews) and best of all, Muzzy 3 blade fixed. The thunderheads performed very well, but a fixed blade Muzzy on a properly tuned bow is as good as it gets in my opinion.