• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Prairie dogs ???

Anyone have any good info on prairie dog hunting in SD (August or Sept preferably but any info would be good)? Where to go? Who to call? My Sis-in-law is looking for info as she is buying my Bro a new .17 Contender for his b-day in July and wants to send him and my Dad off hunting somewhere so they can play with the new TC.

Thanks in advance smile.gif

We hunted antelope out in the very north west corner of SD this last fall all on public land. I didn't , but the guys we were hunting with stumbled upon a few large colonies on Public land while they were hunting. I'll look to see if I can find the unit we were hunting...

Any farmer or rancher will be happy if you would come one their land and take out a bunch of these rodents. You can either show up out there and walk in the local gas station and just say that you are out there to shoot some prairie dogs and you will have a line standing before you within seconds. If you want something planned ahead of time just call a gas station in a small town somewhere and ask for contacts of local residents. They will normally be glad to help out.