• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

red horse??

I was dunking some worms in the Des Moines River last night and caught something I rarely ever see. It had the mouth of a sucker and was a little lighter than a common carp as far as color. The coolest thing about it was the fins, a really neat redish pink color. Did I catch my first red horse? I caught my first flathead last night too and we hooked some dany carp(10+)so it was good night all around. I love to fish the rivers, anything from a bullhead to a pike could grab that worm. We did get the carp on some Uncle Josh's starwberry carp bait. It holds on the hook real well, I was surprised. Well enough rambling let me know what you think about the red horse.

Hey Abens, looks like you had a fun night! I wish I could help...do you have a picture? I myself have a ROUGH time identifing ROUGHfish (maybe that's why they call them that!) You could check out roughfish.com and look at the species guide...should point you in the right direction of what it was. It's a very good site for identifing. Good luck!....LEECH

------------------

<*)))))))><{