• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

braggin board

wren

Caught them in a drainage ditch near big pine, if your familiar, it is the little crick connecting to nitche lake, friend and i had just spent a day fishing bass and northerns when coming home with boat in tow we saw four big logs sitting in a slackwater area about twenty feet by about 30 feet, culvert in 24 inch diameter i suppose to go under the road, we saw one move so we stopped and saw them all move a little bit, went back to the cabin grabbed two crick spears and we each set up over one, we threw in at the same time and they were so solid they pulled right off the tines, so we closed off the culvert with sticks and branches so they couldn't get out, we then started walking in waist deep water trying to push them up into the spot where it narrows down and gets shallow, finally when one went up there, they realized they had to turn around do it gave us a nice shot on there belly, another one went up there when my friend still had one the tines so I pulled up nabbed it with my hands, lot of fun, happened in early june, cant wait for the may first opener, even though probably all the suckers will be spawned out and out of the rivers by then.
Best fishes
Chris

[This message has been edited by huskiesplayer15 (edited 04-21-2004).]