• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New years day

A mate of mine in the CAG is organizing a world wide fishin on Jan 1st. Rules as follows.

Are you a really obsessed carp angler? Are you crazy enough to go fishing January 1rst? If yes, you should participate to the First Fishing Folly of the year... A worldwide friendly event...

So here are the rules... real simple...

1. Go through a tough negotiation with your spouse... whatever the outcome, decide to go fishing on Jan 1rst between 00:00 and 23:59. Don't forget to go home, your catches after midnight won't count...

2. Pick a good spot and go with at least another angler (or spouse or friend), so that he/she can report on your success...

3. Record time & weight of all your captures, but also very importantly the water temperature (right after your catch).

4. Send the results by e-mail at until Sunday January 4th (included). I will post preliminary results the 2nd week of January and final results by the end of the month.

5. You can fish the way you want, with ten rods if needed, using whatever accessories, prebait the year before (!!), whatever you like, but just practice catch & release, ok?

6. Carp anglers from any country are most welcome. The most international participation, the better! These rules have been posted in various carp forums in the US and in Europe.

===============

As to the way winners will be assessed...

1. The FFF First Carp Award: first carp of the year (time to be recorded = when the carp is on the bank unhooked; local timezone) => need a picture of carp & angler.

2. The FFF Monster Phone Award: biggest carp caught during the FFF in a water under 50 degrees F => need a picture of carp & angler and the thermometer.

3. The FFF Baby Phone Award: smallest carp caught during the FFF in a water under 50 degrees F => need a picture of carp & angler and the thermometer.

4. The FFF Emperor Award: total weight of all carp caught by the angler divided by (lowest water temperature you recorded for one of your catches - 30) => need a picture of the angler and the thermometer. Fahrenheit degrees. Biggest score wins.

5. Also anybody crazy enough and skilled enough to catch a carp of any size on Jan 1rst before 6AM (local timezone) will be entered in the very select FFF Hall of Fame. Need a picture of carp & angler.

In general, pictures displaying the (local) time would be nice, otherwise we'll trust you...

Results to be compiled per country (per state for the US), and then worldwide!

Any question? Any suggestion? Send me an e-mail at [email protected]

I don't think many people (or any)in MN will be perticipating in this since it is really cold and most lakes have ice on tip otherwise I would enter.

PS The phone award is named after a member called Phone who says that carp do not feed under 50 degrees so it is kind of a joke.