• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

carp spawn

Yea I fish White Bear in the spring for crappie a little. I dont know if there a good population of carp there though.

I know Pickeral Lake on Lilydale Rd. does.
Lotta people bowfish there. I use too. Call RiverRoad Bait to get updates.

I think that they are at least getting ready to spawn. I was at the overflow at pelteir and they were doing their best salmon imitation trying to jump over the dam. I would think that if they aren't spawning yet they are going to real soon.
><>deadeye

out today on Lake Pepin and most looked to be in post spawn... I was fishing bass not shooting, probably should have been shooting as I saw a ton of carp sunning in the shallows... if anyone is interested, just look for the willows on Lake Pepin and you will find carp... going to be one of those years that it warms up real quick and they spawn very quick.. I'll be out in the Annandale area tomorrow with the bow, so we'll see how it goes... should be about the right time further north...

Was out last evening on Cannon River between Cannon Lake and Morristown. Huge carps were spawning on the grassy banks. Accidentally snaged a huge carp with 4lb line, ML pole, and rooster tail spinner: man was it a fight.

we were out today, the carp are mainly in pre-spawn near Annandale, but some are spawning... Got a few decent ones, but no real pigs... biggest was 22 lbs. 12 oz. also got a 13.25" crappie - 1 lb. 4 oz.

the crappie was not with the bow by the way... just to clarify... we bowfish and when we see some nice fish, we stop to fish them... also saw a nice school of walleye, which we don't normally see bowfishing.

carp are in the shallows big time, pike are also in spawning big right now. Bass as normal still in the shallows prespawn/spawn. crappies appear to be close to done, but many still in the shallows.

does anyone know how big the carp are near Pepin? i was going to come over this weekend for some bowfishing.....any ideas on size and location? thanks in advance

flag up,
I've been fishing Pepin a lot the last few days, although haven't brought the bow out to shoot. I've seen carp in just about all of the flooded willow areas. I estimate the majority of the fish I saw were in the 8 lb. class... I saw some bigger females that were in the 20 range. I would guess if your selective that you can get some 20+ out of there.... I'd go out at Lake City and go south along the shore, look for the flooded willows... we also saw fish up at Maiden rock on the Wi side in the willows, I think they are everywhere right now. I think they will be done spawning soon though...

FishinAddict,

How has the bite been around Pepin? I'm bringing the bow and poles Saturday. It will be the first time I've ever been there. Anything I need to know? Pike/bass will be the main target. ohhhhh yeah...don't forget the big carp!!!! smile.gif

didn't do very well on the bass, but found the walleyes/sauger... lots of action trolling, although a LOT of short fish 14-14.99"... We fished mainly the north end for walleye - maiden rock and north... trolling is the ticket right now, although we got some on crawler bait rigs as well...

I would try the backwater areas across and south of lake city right now if your looking for bass and pike... if you fish the lake city shore, they seem to be holding away from shore a bit... I'd work the bait away from shore a bit - 7-12'. Good luck, let me know how you do!