• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Carp Baits....... English Style.

Here is a list of Carp baits for you to try. These are tried, tested and HAVE caught carp in England!!!
1. Boilies
2. Corn
3. Pastes
4. Tinned meat
5. Bread
6. Worms
7. Sausage ('Pepperami' a favorite)
8. Trout Pellets
9. Mussels & other shellfish
10.Candy (fruity flavours)
11.Birdseed
12.Dog & cat buscuits

They are just a few! Any questions, feel free.

------------------

Hey English CarpMaster, I've always made doughballs out of cornmeal, flour, boiled water & jello and they've been very productive on the city lakes. I posted a recipe a while back. Can you tell us how to make the boilies? Also, how do you prepare your corn? Most people around here fish it straight out of the can. A lot of the European techniques haven't caught on here yet, like the boilies, hair-rigs and chumming. I'd like to hear about some of your favorite methods. Thanks, Vern

OK Vern, Here is how you make boilies:
Ingredients:

1. 6 Eggs
2. 1kg of soya flour or semolina
3. Flavorings (anything you want)
Strawberry, vanilla, tutti fruity and so on
Tip- Find a wide range of flavours at your local supermarket in the baking of cakes section.
4. Sweeteners (vanilla sugar is a good one)
5. Food colouring (red, orange, yellow)

Things you will need:
A pan of boiling water
A mixing bowl
A blender (ask your mum first!!)

Ok, Crack the eggs into the blender and add the flavours, colouring, sweetners (don't add to much flavour, if it is highly concentrated as a carps sense of smell is far greater than ours, and sometimes if its to strong it can repell the fish instead!)
Blend it all together for a couple of minutes. Then add it to your "Base Mix" (soya flour, semolina) and mix it all together until it forms a paste,(mix it in a bowl and not in the blender because you will be making a thick paste!!) if you need to add more flour to form a paste, then do so. Then roll it in to little balls between 16mm & 20mm is the average size for carp. Then boil them for about 3 minutes and then leave them to cool and dry. You will notice that, they have gone hard; this is because of the egg in the mix. When they are dry, you are ready to go. These are normally "Hair Rigged" and fished on the bottom of the lake or river.
Another tip, is to put the "Boilies"(as they are called) in to a plastic bag and freeze them, but put some of the flavour in to the bag aswell, because when they De-frost it draws the flavour into the boilie!!!!!!!
So there you are guys, How to make your own "BOILIES"
This mix will make about 1.5kg of Boilies.
Any more Questions?
VERN, I will explain my methods to you soon, i have sore fingers now after all this typing. Remember, you can use this as paste aswell, just don't boil it and you have a nice fruity paste AND CARP LOVE IT.... I PROMISE YOU!!!!!

------------------

Thanks a lot for the recipe. I'd like to try the boilies sometime. I was over in England and Scotland a few years ago, but I didn't get the chance to fish. I did get to talk to some fisherman and I visited some of the bait shops. It was a very interesting & fun trip. I brought a bunch of carp fishing magazines home with me. I might have to go back and do some fishing. Those Wels catfish look huge. Vern

BOOST THAT "PLAIN OLD CORN"!!!!!!

An alternative to "Plain old corn" is to put the corn in to a plastic tub, pour some flavouring in, strawberry is a favorite of mine, give it a mix to spread the flavour evenly amongst the corn and leave it in the refridgerator overnight and in the morning you will have strawberry flavoured sweetcorn............. and Mr. Carp will go nuts for it!! you can also add a colour if you like, red and orange are the best. GOOD LUCK GUYS.