• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Big Stone Lake

Anyone fished this at late Spring? I am from Minnesota and we are looking at fishing this lake from May 28th to June 4th. We fish only walleye. Have heard some good reports on this lake. Was wondering if anyone has fished it and if so if they could explain to me how they did. thanks ahead of time.

TerryAnd11,
Bigstone is one of my favorite lakes. Early in the year people normally do well by the islands. After the water starts to warm up, the fish scatter throughout the lake. This is when the trolling bite starts to take over. Each trip to bigstone seems to put at least one big fish in the boat regaurdless of the time of year.
Hope this gives you a little idea of what to expect.

One other note, be sure to bring plenty of minnows to feed those hungry sheephead! While prefishing for a tournament last summer, those pesky sheephead cleaned up out of bait. The next day we filled the baitwells to the brim, and burned most of them up on walleyes and sheephead.
mw