• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

I'm new to the Detroit Lakes area and would like to hunt some Ruffies. Anyone know some good areas for hunting them. I have an English Setter that loves to hunt and since we are an hour further from spots in ND, I'm afraid I won't get out as much since I'll have to drive 3 hours to get into good pheasant populations. Are there any pheasants in this area? Thanks for the info.

Fisherdog

fisherdog, Tamarac national wildlife refuge north of DL is a good place to start. Lots of good trails and plenty of land to try. Ive had good success there and cant wait to try this year with my new pointer. The info booths will have maps showing where you can and cant hunt. Also two inlets state forest is another place to try. good luck adam