• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Chukars

I was at a game farm last weekend and swe shot some Chukars. I had heard of them before but never had seen one. I have heard they are from the southwest can anyone tell me anything about them?

Thanks

They're like an overgrown quail, about the size of a grouse and just as good to eat! We go to Oakwood up near Princeton and get some to put out around August/September to give the dogs workouts. There's no season on them in MN (they're an "unprotected bird") so you can put birds out and hunt over the dogs pretty much any time to keep them 'tuned up'. They don't seem to survive naturally around here although every once in a while we see one, probably an escapee from a game farm or hunt club.