• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fishing rod

M1dwestF1sh

This weekend I plan to order a couple more fishing rids and wanted some input from you guys. I'd like to spend around $100 a piece and have three different rods in mind. The first is a denali jadewood, I have a kovert and love it so my stick with that brand. The second is 13 fishing black omen, I would go with this but I've hear a lot about a short handle and that worries me. Last is a ducket ghost, I've heard good things about that rod. Any input you guys have on any of those or other rods around that price please let me know! Thanks!

I think all three are great rods for $100. The omen does have a smaller handle so if you have big hands I could see it being a pain but I don't so they work great for me. I've been wanting to try and Denali Jadewood as well and have heard great things about them!

Thanks for the input! I'm not too worried about the grip size but how long it is from the reel to the end of the rod, if that makes sense. Im leaning towards getting a couple omens or jadewoods. I can't find any bad reviews on either.

I had some omens and they're a decent rod for sure. But I would say go with the Denali J2. You're saying Jadewood, I am hoping your referring to the new J2 which replaced the original Jadewood correct? if not make sure to get the J2 which is the same price for the updated rod.

The new J2's are pretty nice rods for the price point. I prefer the J2 over my old Omens and I had a tough time stepping away from them.