• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Spent Last weekend on the North Shore and Sax Zimm

Looking at all these great photos makes me ponder taking up an additional hobby but it seems that will have to be for another day. I think in my case I lack the artistic/creative abilities you guys have so add that with not being a good photographers I will grind out photos on my phone just to keep the memories alive for another day.

I do have a question? What is your experience in the number of photos you shoot to get the great ones we see here (that's for any of you, not just the sequence in this thread)? 10-1 100-1? I'd guess even with the abilities you guys possess the number is up there, then again you probably get pickier over time?

Leech to Answer your question, most of my shots are 1 and done, sometimes a an extra 2-3 to get the exposures correct. How ever on some of my more difficult shots, such as long exposure shots, or night shots, I may have 10-12 images before i get the right one. in 2 days of shooting I shot about 600 shots. about 90 of them are stacked images for HDR, so that leaves roughly 500 images and out of those 500, I found that I am satisfied with well 75%. so 350 usuable images. Now if I was doing a shoot in ideal conditions, say a studio or maybe a church wedding, my percentage would be probably much higher dpending on if I can keep everyone looking in the right direction, and smiling. It all depends. I can guarantee, most people on here have plenty of images, Myself included that end up in the recycle bin. (though I will save most of them too, because I may be able to use parts of them in a composite image later.