• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2014 My Summer in Alaska

I am blessed to live in Alaska, "Fishing Capitol of the World" Thought I would share how things went.

Here is some highlights of fishing this last summer:

May - Caught the first recorded king salmon out of Ship Creek and got 10 seconds of glory in the Anchorage Daily News, Alaska Dispatch, and Fairbanks News Miner - Glad I was using a Kodiak Custom Fishing Tackle GI skirted spinner and soaking roe. I also managed trips to catch bright fat sockeye "red" salmon at Klutina River They showed up early!

June - Rain came down and messed up fly in trips for pike, no problem. I continued to chase sockeyes and filled the freezer.

July - Clear Skies and trophy arctic grayling on the top water at Delta Clearwater. Dry fly fishing at its best, I managed to land several fish over the 18 inch mark. I also made a weekend Denali Hwy escape for grayling, nothing huge caught but the mountain was out in all her glory and the weather was perfect.

August - Finally took a Yukon River trip, caught lots of northern pike and a bonus sheefish, Yum. Alask made several trips fishing for trout in the Mat-Su Valley streams produced epic times, tight lines, and lots of big rainbows. Made time to get some pink and chum salmon C&R stuff going on also.

September - Had me on the KP chasin big coho salmon and catching a personal best 17 lb fish from the mighty river (Check out this months (November 2014) issue of Alaska Sporting Journal and get the entire story)

Check out www.alaskansalmonslayers.com for 2014 photos.