• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

E-Z Loader bunk trailer under new skeeter

weld1

My new trailer has the bed liner type coating on it and the main frame rail already has a couple of "chips" in it that where the chips are it pushed the coating back kinda like a accordion or when you have masking tape on something and you hit it with a scraper and it bunches up. you can pull on the little "tab" that it left and you can see that big chunks don't seem to be adhered to the metal very well. has anyone out there had any issues like this? also im not impressed with the "new" fulton aluminum winch or the new fulton aluminum wheel/jack...it don't pivot for s...!! and theres no real way to lube it.

I love the skeeter and Yamaha but the trailer is lets just say....very disappointing! I do have the dealer checking on how there going to repair it so hopefully they don't try to make it my fault...any thoughts? thanks!

I have a WX2000T but my trailer has no coating on it but the tong wheel does suck it will not swivel unless you kick it. I assume that is because they are heavy in the front but one would think for the cost of the boat and trailer it would work better than it does.

I loved my Skeeter / EZ Loader trailer...it was a "heavy" swing with the break-away, but I'd rather have that than loose and sloppy. Very stong feeling to me. Also loved the no maintenance Vault hubs. I'm glad I didn't get the "tough" coating...wasn't an option yet...I'd be concerned with unseen rusting going on underneath the inevitable holes and chips....gonna trap salt, grit and water under the liner I'd think... I did put 3M Rock Tape on leading edges of my painted trailer...helped tons with rock chips...only way to avoid them 100% is galvanized trailer...which I have not with new rig, but will miss the Vault oil bath hubs.

goose, I do like the trailer but like you say im really afraid of the long term effects of the coating. still waiting for a answer from the dealer on what the fix is on the trailer, hopefully at end of year they send it back to ez loader. the hubs are great, hope they hold up as advertised.