• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Gary Klein shot at - Bassmaster Classic

Thought this was a bit disturbing... Hopefully they will catch the nut.

Classic contender Klein shot at during final day
2003 CITGO Bassmaster Classic — Louisiana Delta

BASS Communications — Aug. 3, 2003

NEW ORLEANS — Veteran pro bass fisherman Gary Klein reported to police Sunday afternoon that a camper on shore shot a gun over his boat while Klein was angling during the CITGO Bassmaster Classic.

"I was driving my boat south in Bayou Camp Town and a man in a camp on the west side of the bayou was aiming a long gun at our boat," Klein wrote in a voluntary statement to the Plaquemines Parish Sheriff's Office. "As we passed by, he shot over my boat."

"It's an isolated incident," said Klein, 45, of Weatherford, Texas, who was fishing his 21st Bassmaster Classic. "It's the first time in my career that I've ever had that happen, and I have never heard of anyone else ever having that happen."

Klein plans to press charges if the shooter is caught. "He needs to be taken care of," Klein said.

Klein said it appeared the man intentionally shot over the boat from about 70 yards away at about 11 a.m. with what he thought was a shotgun.

"We're delighted that Gary Klein is safe and sound," said BASS spokesman George McNeilly. "I've never heard of anything of this nature happening before on the BASS Tour.

"Gary Klein filed a voluntary incident report with the sheriff's department, and the authorities are investigating."