• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Martinsville

Wanderer

Have I just taken that much of break from NASCAR the past couple seasons that I find any of the races more fun to watch? Or are they just more fun to watch this year?

I know they're talking about how the old Good Years and the new car aren't a good match but I'm starting to think they need to stay away from perfecting the set ups to make things more interesting. I don't feel like I've watched one boring follow the leader race yet this year and have stayed interested the whole time they're on the track now.

Anybody else feel the same?

What's even more amazing is I was actually rooting for Durt to win today! I'm always a Stewart fan so the fact that Durt is part of the "Organization" might've had something to do with it but I also have to admit, he's finally found some humble pie and seems to respect his position in life now. I believe I'll start spelling his name with a "K" again. grin

Plus, I've honestly seen Jimmie win enough... sleep

Congrats Kurt and Gene Haas! wink

I was happy to see Kurt win as well.

I'm not sure what has made this season seem as crazy as it has been. Part of it might be the new car rules and part of it might be that many of the tracks were rained on before the race which screwed with teams' setups a bit. I have to wonder if removing the minimum height rule is some of the reason for what we are seeing as the teams aren't in such a tight box as they were in previous seasons. Another factor might be the new Chase rules where a win almost guarantees a ticket to the Chase and those who have already picked up a win have very little to lose now so their strategy is different than the rest.

Overall I think it's probably a little early to declare that racing is better than before just for the fact that the tracks they have raced so far typically lead to a lot of action. When they hit the same ol' 1.5 milers during the middle of the season we'll see if we're still excited. Hopefully it will be just as good.