• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

The Wonder Lab!

Ufatz

We call her the Wonder Lab....because we are always wondering what she'll do next. This is Abby we're talking about- the 18 mo. accidental lab we weren't supposed to have.

She has been away from her lake for several months. Yesterday, as we walked the sandy beach in the warm sun, I noticed a big fat mallard drake paddling around about 50-yards out. Just a bit of ripple on the sunny surface.

Abby was sitting just looking around and I casually, totally off the top of my head said "Why don't you swim out and get that duck for me" and my wife and I laughed.

Abby jumped up, into the lake and headed out for the duck.....just steaming right along in that determined manner they have. I started laughing and let her go and of course the duck flew off and I called Abby back.

Aren't the something!! I emphasize, if was NOT a command, just a softly spoken suggestion.

Another wonderful Lab moment!