• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

making a live well

jjack

I don't know where you plan on putting it, but in my pontoon I simply have a cooler and an aerator/bubbler. I fill it with a bucket and drain it with the drain plug when I'm done. Works great and it's simple. There is plenty of room in the pontoon so taking up space isn't an issue.

I made a big cooler into a livewell.works great and when nit being used for a livewell is great dry storage or cooler for food and beverages on camping trips.My boat had a livewell allready,just a small one though.I used all the plumbing that was there allready just had to buy some different fittings.

If you want it to be an integral part of your boat you would need to have one made from aluminum or find a premade plastic one that would fit in available space. I have made a few out of aluminum and built them into boats. You also need to get the plumbing to the space the livewell will be built in, that can be a lot of work.

Yeah when i did mine I also tore the boat completely down to the bare hull as the floor and transom were rotted out so I had easy access to all of the plumbing and wireing for everything,I put the livewell in the same spot just made it a bigger one.

I am rebuilding a 1965 starcraft holiday 18 footer. I am half way through the stripping down process. But I have taken the measurements for a livewell. I have a guy welding me up an aluminum 25x20x18. It's gonna cost me about $225. $125 for 5x5 sheet and he's gonna do it for 100 bucks. Well worth the money.