• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Le Home dieu chain

ranger2bass

I plan on fishing Alexandria chain this coming season quite a bit and would like to know how youve all done there. Im particularly interested in carlos although local advice from last time,only time Ive been there, was to go else where. I'd like to target suspended outside weedline bass. has this technique worked. The only real production I had was throwing white tubes along Victorias nothwest point nothing real big and an ocasional 1or 2. Any advice would be great Thanks

There are quite a few bass in Carlos, along with some big ones, but most people fish the other lakes in the chain. Jig worms and crankbaits along the outside edge of the weeds works very well. Often these fish will be suspended when they are actively feeding. Otherwise fishing outside of the weeds near the bottom using jigs or Carolina rigs works well. Also, look well outside of the weed edge out to about 25 feet or so. You can find some clumps of weeds that will hold big fish. Good luck, I know I am already looking forward to bass fishing again.

------------------
Adam Johnson
www.adamjohnsonfishing.com

The Alexandria chain is a great fishery! The numbers of fish there is great but a little on the small size. My opptimisum for the chain went up greatly this year with two eight fish bags weighing over 25 lbs coming in. The fish are getting bigger every year. Any ways Carlos is a very good lake but patterning fish there can be real tough. On day you find a school of nice sized bass the next day they could be gone. I would start looking up on the north end of the lake by the state park there is some good structure up there. Jigs and jig worms have worked well for me. A rattle trap comes in very handy for locating the fish. There is also some nice humps in the middle of the lake they can also produce good fish. Looking around the bridges that go into darling and just off of the flat from the Lehomme dieu bridge also hold some fish. There a crank bait is a good choice. Carlos is very deep and clear and looking outwards of 20 ft as Adam noted is also good for big bass. I personally have had the majority of my big bass from the chain come off Carlos. The best thing about the chain is you have Darling, LeHomme diue, Geneva, and now Victoria to look also if Carlos isn't producing. Look to some of Smallies post from this past summer he spends alot of time on the chain.

Matt

Matt Gilbertson's Guide Service
Phone (320) 760-3748

Ranger man,
lake carlos what a mind boggling bass lake it has been for me. I can catch some decent fish some numbers, but it seems like one of them deals here today gone tommorow.

It does'nt seem to have the best weedlines where the rest of the chain contain thick wide weed beds. It's seems like the weeds are more sparse than the rest of the chain. The north end I think has the thickest weeds but there are nice coontail islands.

If you can figure this lake out I beleive you will have something very good. Locals around here have been beating there heads out there for a while spending countless hours on that body of water. Some have found some good areas but it's hit and miss.

It feels great to talk about summer time bass fishing I cant wait. Ice is the enemy

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

A great fishery? hmm... I have had a few tournaments there and it seems like all the bass caught are beat up and unhealthy. The avereage size will run a ya about 1.5lbs. Personally, I am not impressed with this fishery as far as bass go, but hey, if you want to catch 50+ bass on an outing hit it up. Its not just me either, just about every pro and am in the almost 100 boat tourny was saying the same things--even 2 years later. But anyways, try rippin a wiggle wart through the flats on Darling or jigging the fingers on Carlos.

Ice Hole Chain a great fishery HMN? Absolutley a great fisherey I run weekly tournaments the weights are getting better every year. Fish seem to be unhealthy I think any fishery that you will fish you are bound to catch some fish that are scarred up.

I think you need to come fish more here because it's on the rise. It's not Minnetonka, or Prior by no means but we don't have the "Foil"! I guess I think it's a great fishery because of it's wide variety of fishing options and the number of bass you catch.

Tournament anglers,

If your ever in the Alexandria area during the week on business, pre-fishing or whatever come and fish the Wendseday night tournaments, there is also a Tuesday night tournament also. I got to say Wendseday are the best. If in the area contact information below.

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

I'd say the Dieu is one of the healthiest fisheries in the state. Every year that I venture up to Alex I am amazed at the qauntity of fish that I catch and each year the bass continue to grow larger.

As for the scarred fish... that'll happen anywhere that you fish where there is pressure, its just a sign that catch and release is working!

Hey Ross, fishing is right around the corner. I suppose you are disappointed the PRO/AM isn't coming back this year.

Good Luck this year with the PRO/AM

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Hey Ross, fishing is right around the corner. I suppose you are disappointed the PRO/AM isn't coming back this year.

Good Luck this year with the PRO/AM

------------------
Trophy Guides
Northeast Outfitters
Cory Putnam
320-808-7722 Cell
320-763-9598 Work

Cory,
You're darned right I'm disappointed with the Pro-Am not coming back to Alex. I'm sure I'll find my way up there sometime this summer... possibly the ****** Mtn. Team tournament in August. I'd like to fish the Skeeter/Stub's but I'll be up at Rainy.

Ross,
hey was wondering if you signed up for the Ever Start tournament on Vermillion? So much nice weather lately with so little open water to fish. I've made it out in the boat the past two nice weekends. Fishing has been pretty good for this time of the year!!!

Vermillion was tempting but I passed on the opportunity. I fished the EverStart last year on Pools 3 & 4. With 165 boats Vermillion will be absolutely packed! With the tournament in the very early June its hard to say what those fish will be up to.

Ross