• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

any club openings?

ranger2bass

Im looking for a bass club to join as a non- boater.Im an advanced and efficient angler, B.A.S.S member, and have had tournament experience. Interested in fishers of Men to if anyone has information about that. Thanks

I tried that but had no luck, seems all the bass clubs that I can find are full. Ive emailed a few clubs and havent heard anything back, met with Minnesota Federation guys that I know (I used to be in Sportsmans Bassmasters in Bloomington) but Im not getting any results. At this point Im just happy to find some guys to fish with. I sold my boat over the winter And will be a non-boater for probobly till next season. Again any information I can get will be greatly appreciated. I a real good hook!

The clubs can't be full as there is no limit. They might have meant that it's too late for this season. Your club membership has to be locked in by the 1st of april. E-mail Jay Green and let him know of what you have been told, he's the president of the MNBF. Jay will get you into a club!!

Ranger, I think Bemidji hit it on the head about the B.A.S.S. clubs being "full" means that they are locked into there tournament season. If you would e-mail me ([email protected]) I could give you some names of people that could possibly help although I am sure Jay is as good as anyone. I was in Vikings Bassmasters last year but couldn't find the time this year. I know they will be looking for people next year. They meet in Maple Grove.

As for fishers of men are you looking for the club or the tournament organization? For the club go to fishfair.com for more info or for the tournament organization go to mnfom.com. I am involved with both and can e-mail info on these as well.

Thanks for all the responses. I have alot more information than I did yesterday. To my understanding the MBF bi-laws allow for a minimum of 6 and max of 30 members to be a club. I could be wrong. I assumed this was the case as to why I havent had much luck. So anyone having luck using tubes? How are you rigging 'em? I originally went to mn bass page for a bass club to join and got 1 response .Enough of that. I like to use a Strike King tube on an Owner or EC keeper hook. I use a glass bead and brass unpegged sinker. Its very versatile. I get the faceted beads in all different colors. JoBee pro hooks with a solid head tube will go through the weeds better than anything Ive tried and the northerns seem to stay off it better.

mickeyg

Where in the by-laws does it state that a club is restricted to thirty members? The only membership info I know of, is the minimum of six paid members.

It is in our club bylaws that membership shall not exceed 30 members. I believe the original intent of this bylaw was to keep the club from getting too large making meetings and tournaments difficult to manage. Now however if a club wishes to hold a tournament with 30+ participants they would have to obtain a tournament permit from the DNR.

------------------
http://www.sportsmenbassmasters.com/

[This message has been edited by mickeyg (edited 07-24-2002).]

If you live in se mn there are to bass clubs in thw area 1 is in mankato the other is in rochester I belong to the 1 in Rochester Zumbro Valley Bass Masters.We have 35 members if you are intrested in joining come to the next meeting Oct 2nd we me at the elks club

If you are looking for a non-federated club the Westonka Bass club has 2 openings for boaters or non-boaters. The HSOforum is http://www.angling.at/westonka There are 2 events left this year you could be part of. If you have any other ?'s let me know.

Mike

[This message has been edited by GuideGuy (edited 09-05-2002).]