• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who's replaced a front wheel bearing?

Greenhornet84

Anyone replaced a front wheel bearing on honda foreman Just trying to decide if I wanna tackle it my self or just bring it in. Watched a couple YouTube videos and it don't look to terrible.

Question 2: If I had the dealer do it any one wanna guess what a ballpark price would be?

I've done a few Foremans and several others. Without knowing you, your shop situation or abilities its hard to say if its something you should attempt or not. It's nothing you would want to do without a heated shop, you will need mostly basic hand tools, a good vice, and snap ring pliers. Parts can be found pretty reasonable on the net.

I normally remove the entire knuckle which involves breaking loose the upper and lower ball joints, the tie rod end and the brake backing plate assembly. Remove both seals, remove the snap ring and then drive the bearing out. Clean the bore out that the bearing goes in and press (if possible) the new bearing in place. If you have no access to a press, you can fashion a simple press with a threaded rod to pull it in place. Reinstall the snap ring and both new seals.

It takes me 45 minutes to an hour to do one but I have done them before. I would guess its probably a 250 buck job at a dealer but that's just a guess at best.