• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

ATV users, Use common sense

Jmnhunter

Not saying everyone w/ 4-wheelers are lazy, but why do some of the lazy, slow, slobby atv users drive around gates that are closed to them. That is my #1 pet-peeve. JUST WALK!
I was hunting this field in a refuge this past weekend, had my truck parked in the beginning of the old logging road to show that there is someone ahead obviously, not saying they cant come up, but there were 5 guys on their loud annoying bumble-bee atvs driving up in the field 30yrds from me, stopped, and continued driving down a closed logging road to pick up 1 friend. With my truck parked, I thought they would think,"ok there is someone hunting ahead, lets walk up to get our buddy, or send 1 person to get him" Yes, it was a state forest, but why 5 guys for one and to go around a gate? Yes, I can see the atvs being used for work, or help drag out a deer, but to go offroad and making new trails in a public state forest, no. They are fun to ride, but please use common sense when there is evidence of some one ahead hunting. Again, not saying everyone who has a atv is a slob, but those who are lazy are most likely to be inconsiderate.
Thanks and good luck out there!

-JMN

Sorry JMN, were not all like that. Sad to say but turnin them in is the only way some people will learn. Stay on the trails,or they will take them away from us.It's not a right, it's a privledge. Good luck

You don't list all of the facts. A locked gate does not mean no atv traffic. Could be many reasons for going around with a small vehicle. Handicap forgot keys road won't support full size trucks prevent stealing items larger than a bread box. We all want to enjoy our sports and the outdoors if we all excersise patiance and know we are not the only one that matters theres room for everybody.

fish, if you want i can get into more detail. the guys were perfectly fine, they were not handicapped what so ever, if they were, they sure can hit the gas fast for their handy-capp. they were perfectly in fine shape, no helmets, standing when riding, not saying everyone who does not wear a helmet or stands while riding, but it is strong evidence of a so-called handicap is riding with no care. I dont care if they are handicap, that doesn't mean they dont have to obey the rules, I'll turn the guys in next time, and if they do have handicap permits, I'll let them show the CO.