• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bluetooth question

My wife got me a pair of iHOME model IB85 wireless headphones for Christmas. I paired it up to my son's new Ipod touch with no problems. I tried to pair it up with my Asus laptop but it doesn't find it. I can play music from my laptop to my Pioneer VSX 1021 AVR wirelessly but cant seem to pair the headphones to the laptop. I also tried on his HP laptop with no luck either. I also have no problem printing wirelessly to my printer. I am guessing the wireless technology I have must be different than Bluetooth technology.

Does anyone have any suggestions or do you know how I can check to see if my laptop has Bluetooth technology? The headphones box says it supports "Bluetooth 1.1, 1.2, 2.0 et 2.1 + EDR wireless technology enabled devices with A2DP AVRCP." I dont know what that all means but I am hoping someone does. I do know that my Pioneer AVR is wired with an Ethernet cord to the wireless router. I think my laptop must send the music to the router, then it goes to the AVR through the Ethernet cable, but that is just a guess.

Any help would be appreciated because I would love to get it to work. My other option is to return it for a corded headphones. Thanks in advance.